Dr Ric Wood
This person has left and cannot be contacted through the department. If they have provided contact details, they will be displayed below.
Ric is now running a business on the Norfolk Broads.
- Reverb Project - models of the striatum
- Synaptic noise
- Updating the systems level model of the basal ganglia to include:
- A more detailed dopamine mechanism.
- The effects of shunting inhibition.
- Biophysical Models of the striatum and Basal Ganglia
- Compartmental modelling of striatal neurons.
- Spiking models of striatal neurons.
- Network models of the striatum.
- Humphries, M D, Wood, R. and Gurney, K. (2010), Reconstructing the three dimensional GABAergic microcircuit of the striatum, PLoS Computational Biology, 6:e1001011. [Code]
- Wood, R,, M.D. Humphries, and K.N. Gurney (2009), Does striatum support competitive dynamics? A test of this hypothesis using a biologically realistic model of the striatal microcircuit, BMC Neuroscience, 10, page 317.
- Humphries, M.D., N. Lepora, R. Wood, and K.N. Gurney (2009), Reduced models of striatal neurons: dopamine modulation and dynamics, BMC Neuroscience, 10, (1) 321.
- Humphries, M. D., Wood, R. and Gurney, K. (2009), Dopamine-modulated dynamic cell assemblies generated by the GABAergic striatal microcircuit, Neural Networks, 22:1174-1188. [Code]
- Humphries, M. D., Lepora, N., Wood, R. and Gurney, K. (2009), Capturing dopaminergic modulation and bimodal membrane behaviour of striatal medium spiny neurons in accurate, reduced models, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 3:26. [Code]
- Wood, R, M. D Humphries, P.G. Overton, and K.N. Gurney (2008), Validation and dynamics of a computational model of the neostriatal microcircuit, SfN 2008, Washington, Neuroscience Meeting Planner, Poster 578.13/QQ15.
- Hoyland, D.S., N Lepora, R Wood, P.G. Overton, and K.N. Gurney (2008), Integrated data collection and automated parameter estimation in the construction of conductance-based models of neostriatal neurons, SfN 2008, Washington, Neuroscience Meeting Planner, Poster 694.4/UU65.
- Wood, R., M.D Humphries, P. Overton, R. Stewart, and K.N. Gurney (2006), Selection in a model of striatum with fast spiking interneurons, 15thth Annual Computational Neuroscience Meeting, Edinburgh.
- Gurney, K., Humphries, M., Wood, R., Prescott, T.J. & Redgrave, P. (2004), Testing computational hypotheses of brain systems function: a case study with the basal ganglia, Network: Computation in Neural Systems, 15:263-290. [Code]
- Wood, R., Gurney, K. N. & Wilson, C. J. (2004), A novel parameter optimisation technique for compartmental models applied to a model of a striatal medium spiny neuron, Neurocomputing, 58-60:1109-1116.
- Wood, R. & Gurney, K.N. (2003), A Rapid Search Technique for Finding Maximal Conductances in Biophysical Models of Neural Membranes, British Neurosci. Assoc. Abstr., 17:111.
- Parks, R.W., M.D. Hunter, K.N. Gurney, T.J. Prescott, D.S. Levine, I.D. Wilkinson, F. Clay, E. Pegg, P.W.R. Woodruff, and S.A. Spence (2003), A stroop task protocol with overt verbal response during fMRI, uman Brain Mapping Conference, New York, USA..
- Wood, R. & Gurney, K.N. (2002), A New Parametric Search Technique for Biophysical Models: A Study in the Rat Neostriatal Projection Neuron, Society For Neuroscience Abstracts, Program No. 764.16, Washington, DC..
- Wood, R., Gurney, K. & Redgrave, P. (2001), 'Direct Pathway' Connections to Globus Pallidus in a Computational Model of the Basal Ganglia, British Neurosci. Assoc. Abstr., 16:79.
- Gurney, K.N., R. Wood, and P. Redgrave (2001), 'Direct pathway' connections to globus pallidus in a computational model of the basal ganglia, SfN 2001 Meeting San Diego, Neuroscience Meeting Planner #514.