Publications - current and forthcoming
Listed below are our publications to date and papers pending. Clicking on a link will open the summary abstract. Choose your download option from there.
Code for many of our models is available.
Publications List By Year
- Mitchinson B., Harrison R. F. (2003), Adaptive kernel-based equalization for non-stationary digital communications channels, International Journal of Systems Science, 34(1):693-703.
- J. Eiser, J. R., Fazio, R. H., Stafford, T. & Prescott, T. J. (2003), Connectionist simulation of attitude learning: Asymmetries in the acquisition of positive and negative evaluations, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 29:1221-1235.
- Dodd, T.J., Mitchinson, B. and Harrison, R.F. (2003), Multiple-model approach to non-linear kernel-based adaptive filtering, Research Report. ACSE Research Report no. 830. Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, University of Sheffield, UK..
- Wood, R. & Gurney, K.N. (2003), A Rapid Search Technique for Finding Maximal Conductances in Biophysical Models of Neural Membranes, British Neurosci. Assoc. Abstr., 17:111.
- Humphries, M. D., Prescott, T. J. & Gurney, K. N. (2003), The interaction of recurrent axon collateral networks in the basal ganglia, Artifical Neural Networks and Neural Information Processing, O. Kaynak, E. Alpaydin, E. Oja & L. Xu (Eds.), ICANN/ICONIP 2003 (LNCS 2714) pp. 797-804, Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
- Prescott, T. J. Gurney, K. Gonzalez, F. M., Humphries, M. & Redgrave, P. (2003), Action selection in a robot model of the basal ganglia: The role of simulated dopamine, Society for Neuroscience, Program No. 915.5.
- TJ Dodd, B Mitchinson, RF Harrison (2003), Sparse stochastic gradient descent learning in kernel models, proceedings of Second International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Singapore.
- Redgrave, P., Prescott, T.J. & Gurney, K. (2003), Selection and the basal ganglia: A role for dopamine, Basal Ganglia VI,, Graybiel, A.M and DeLong, M. (Eds.). New York: Kluwer.
- Dodd, T. J., B. Mitchinson, and R. F. Harrison (2003), Sequential kernel methods: a multiple model approach to hyperparameters, proceedings of The Second International Conference on Computational Intelligence.
- Stafford, T. (2003), Integrating psychological and neuroscientific constraints in models of Stroop processing and action selection, PhD Thesis, University of Sheffield.
- Girard B, Cuzin V, Guillot A, Gurney KN, Prescott TJ (2003), Comparison of a “winner-takes-all” and a vertebrate inspired model of action selection embedded in a Lego Mindstorms robot , Journal of Integrative Neuroscience , 2:179-200.
- Prescott, T. J., Gurney, K., and Redgrave, P. (2003), Basal Ganglia, The Handbook of Brain Theory and Neural Networks, M. A. Arbib (Ed.), 2nd Edition .
- Crowe, S. J. and T. J. Prescott (2003), Continuity and Change in the Development of Category Structure: Insights from the Semantic Fluency Task, International Journal of Behavioural Development, 27: 467-479.
- Pegg, E.J., K.N. Gurney, R.W. Parks, and A.J. Prescott (2003), Reliability and Validity of a Paced Computer Stroop Task for fMRI Reliability and validity of a paced computer Stroop task for fMRI, Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, 18, (7), 755.
- Mitchinson, B., Dodd, T.J. and Harrison, R.F. (2003), Reduction of kernel models, Research Report. ACSE Research Report no. 836. Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, University of Sheffield, UK..
- Parks, R.W., M.D. Hunter, K.N. Gurney, T.J. Prescott, D.S. Levine, I.D. Wilkinson, F. Clay, E. Pegg, P.W.R. Woodruff, and S.A. Spence (2003), A stroop task protocol with overt verbal response during fMRI, uman Brain Mapping Conference, New York, USA..