Publications - current and forthcoming
Listed below are our publications to date and papers pending. Clicking on a link will open the summary abstract. Choose your download option from there.
Code for many of our models is available.
Publications List By Year
- Mitchinson B., Arabzadeh E., Diamond M. E., Prescott T. J. (2008), Spike-timing in primary sensory neurons: A model of somatosensory transduction in the rat, Biological Cybernetics, 98(3):185-194.
- Thirkettle, M, C P Benton, and N E Scott-Samuel (2008), True to form: a reduced role for motion in biological motion, Perception , 37, ECVP Abstract Supplement.
- Ben Mitchinson, Tak-Shing Chan, Jon Chambers, Mark Humphries, Kevin Gurney and Tony Prescott (2008), BRAHMS: Novel middleware for integrated systems computation, Frontiers Neuroinformatics Conference Abstract: Neuroinformatics.
- Eiser, J. R., Stafford, T., & Fázio, R. H. (2008), Expectancy confirmation in attitude learning: A connectionist account, European Journal of Social Psychology, 38(6), 1023–1032.
- Stafford, T. (2008), A fire to be lighted: a case-study in enquiry-based learning, Practice and Evidence of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Vol. 3, No. 1, April 2008, pp.20-42.
- Chambers, J.M., and K.N. Gurney (2008), A computational model of ‘inaction-selection’ in multiple domains of basal ganglia, SfN 2008 Washington., Neuroscience Meeting Planner, Poster 472.7/NN28.
- Martin J. Pearson, Ben Mitchinson, Charles Fox, Anthony G. Pipe, Chris Melhuish and Tony Prescott (2008), Whisking with robots: Using embodied modeling to understand active vibrissal touch, SFN Washington, Soc. Neurosci. Abstracts 775.11.
- Humphries, M. D. & Gurney, K. (2008), Network `small-world-ness': a quantitative method for determining canonical network equivalences, PLoS One, 3:e0002051.
- Redgrave, P., K.N. Gurney, and J. Reynolds (2008), What is reinforced by phasic dopamine signals?, Brain Research Reviews, 58, (2), 322-339.
- Humphries, M.D, P Redgrave, and K.N. Gurney (2008), Action-outcome contingency and stimulus-response habits as an exploration/exploitation action selection trade-off, SfN 2008 Washington., Neuroscience Meeting Planner Poster 98.3/UU33.
- Prescott, T. J. (2008), Action Selection, Scholarpedia, 3(2):2705.
- Gurney, K.N., and P Redgrave (2008), A model of sensory reinforced corticostriatal plasticity in the anaesthetised rat, SfN 2008, Washington, Neuroscience Meeting Planner Poster 180.6/RR3.
- Mitchinson, B., T.S. Chan, J.M. Chambers, M D Humphries, C. Fox, K.N. Gurney, and T J Prescott (2008), BRAHMS: Novel middleware for integrated systems computation, SFN Washington, Soc. Neurosci. Abstracts 798.10.
- Fox, C., N. Girdhar, and K.N. Gurney (2008), A causal Bayesian network view of reinforcement learning, Proceedings of the 21th International Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society Conference, FLAIRS-21, 109-110.
- Hussain, A., K.N. Gurney, R. Abdullah, and J.M. Chambers (2008), Emergent Common Functional Principles in Control Theory and the Vertebrate Brain: A Case Study with Autonomous Vehicle Control, Proceedings of the 18th international conference on Artificial Neural Networks, Part II, 949-958, Springer.
- Hoyland, D.S., N Lepora, R Wood, P.G. Overton, and K.N. Gurney (2008), Integrated data collection and automated parameter estimation in the construction of conductance-based models of neostriatal neurons, SfN 2008, Washington, Neuroscience Meeting Planner, Poster 694.4/UU65.
- Robyn A. Grant, Ben Mitchinson, Tony J. Prescott (2008), Development of whisking control in the neonatal rat, SFN Washington, Soc. Neurosci. Abstracts 29.16.
- Wood, R, M. D Humphries, P.G. Overton, and K.N. Gurney (2008), Validation and dynamics of a computational model of the neostriatal microcircuit, SfN 2008, Washington, Neuroscience Meeting Planner, Poster 578.13/QQ15.