Publications - current and forthcoming
Listed below are our publications to date and papers pending. Clicking on a link will open the summary abstract. Choose your download option from there.
Code for many of our models is available.
Publications List By Year
- Lepora N, Porrill J, Yeo C and Dean P (2010), Sensory prediction or motor control? Application of Marr-Albus type models of cerebellar function to classical conditioning, Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience.
- Anderson S, Lepora N, Porrill J and Dean P (2010), Nonlinear Dynamic Modelling of Isometric Force Production in Primate Eye Muscle , IEEE Trans Biomed Eng.
- Chambers, J. M. and Prescott, T. J. (2010), Response times for visually guided saccades in persons with Parkinson's disease: A meta-analytic review, Neuropsychologia, 48(4):887-899.
- Ben Mitchinson, Tak-Shing Chan, Jon Chambers, Martin Pearson, Mark Humphries, Charles Fox, Kevin Gurney, Tony J. Prescott (2010), BRAHMS: Novel middleware for integrated systems computation, Advanced Engineering Informatics, 24(1):49-61.
- Lepora N, Pearson M, Mitchinson B, Evans M, Fox C, Pipe T, Gurney K and Prescott T (2010), Naive Bayes novelty detection in a whiskered moving robot, proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2010), 131-136.
- Evans M, Fox C, Pearson M, Lepora N and Prescott T. (2010), Whisker-object contact speed affects radial distance estimation, Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2010)..
- G. Gyory, V. Rankov, G. Gordon, I. Perkon, B. Mitchinson, R. Grant, T. Prescott (2010), An algorithm for automatic tracking of rat whiskers, proceedings of International Workshop on Visual observation and Analysis of Animal and Insect Behavior (VAIB), Istanbul, ICPR 2010, 1-4.
- Redgrave, P. and Rodriguez, M. and Smith, Y. and Rodriguez-Oroz, M.C. and Lehericy, S. and Bergman, H. and Agid, Y. and DeLong, M.R. and Obeso, J.A. (2010), Goal-directed and habitual control in the basal ganglia: implications for Parkinson's disease, Nature Reviews Neuroscience 11, 760--772.
- Stewart, R.D. and K.N. Gurney (2010), Spiking neural network simulation: memory-optimal synaptic event scheduling, Journal of Computational Neuroscience, 30(3):721-728.
- Humphries, M D, Wood, R. and Gurney, K. (2010), Reconstructing the three dimensional GABAergic microcircuit of the striatum, PLoS Computational Biology, 6:e1001011. [Code]
- Lepora, N, M Evans, C. Fox, M.E. Diamond, K.N. Gurney and T.J. Prescott (2010), Naive Bayes texture classification applied to whisker data from a moving robot, IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence.
- Brohan, K., A. Cope, and K.N. Gurney (2010), Robotic Implementation of Visual Attention Based on Reward Modulated self-Organised Map of Feature Space, EPIROB 2010. Orenas Slott, Sweden.
- Tony Prescott, Martin Pearson, Charles Fox, Mat Evans, Ben Mitchinson, Sean Anderson, Tony Pipe (2010), Towards biomimetic vibrissal tactile sensing for robot exploration, navigation, and object recognition in hazardous environments, RISE'10, Fourth international workshop on Robotics for Risky Interventions and Environmental Surveillance-Maintenance.
- Gurney, K.N. (2010), Implications of recent experimental findings for models of the basal ganglia, Physiological Society Meeting 2010, Manchester.
- Cope, A., J.M. Chambers, D Barr, P. Dudek, and K. N. Gurney (2010), Systems level model integration and embodiment: a case study with gaze control, Bernstein Conference on Computational Neuroscience 2010 (BCCN 2010). Berlin..
- Wilson, S. P., Law, J. S., Mitchinson, B., Prescott, T. J., Bednar, J. A. (2010), Modeling the emergence of whisker direction maps in rat barrel cortex, PLoS ONE, 5(1): e8778.
- Humphries, M. D., and Prescott, T. J. (2010), The ventral basal ganglia, a selection mechanism at the crossroads of space, strategy, and reward, Progress in Neurobiology, 90:385-417.
- Martin Pearson, Ben Mitchinson, Jason Welsby, Tony Pipe, Tony Prescott (2010), Scratchbot: Active tactile sensing in a whiskered mobile robot, proceedings of Eleventh International Conference on Simulation of Adaptive Behaviour, Springer LNCS 6226:93-103.
- Gurney, K.N. (2010), Dopamine-modulated dynamics of the GABAergic striatal microcircuit, 10th IBAGS Meeting. New Jersey..
- Thirkettle, M., Scott-Samuel, N.E., and Benton, C.P. (2010), Form overshadows ‘opponent motion’ information in processing of biological motion from point light walker stimuli., Vision research , 50:118-126..
- Caballero JA, Gurney KN (2010), Optimal decision making with biologically realistic neural signals, BMC Neuroscience, 11(Suppl 1):P25.
- Brohan, K., K.N. Gurney, and P. Dudek (2010), Using reinforcement learning to guide the development of self-organising feature maps for visual orienting, ICANN 2010, Thessaloniki.